Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Emphasis On The 'Dura'

As of this writing, the DuraFlame or similar (I believe this one is from the "Pine Mountain" line) that was lit at approximately 9pm yesterday evening is still burning. This would be the second Invincible Synthetic Log Experience I've had, the first being on the weekend of my 21st birthday when the log in question burned from 6pm on the 29th until probably noonish on the 30th.

Semi-tangentially-related: Growing up, my father had an Airedale named Gretchen, who ate many, many things not intended for canine consumption; among these was a Duraflame log. Upon being reassured by my grandfather, who told them that the logs were made primarily of wax and sawdust, my father and uncles tried to feed Gretchen string, so she would crap candles.

No comments: